JOB TITLE: Hello Hunter Manager
JOB TYPE: Part-time.
LOCATION: 30 Warabrook Blvd, Warabrook NSW 2304.
HOURS: 16hrs per week
Hello Hunter is a ‘call back’ help service for people who are lonely or socially isolated. This is achieved through a friendly chat with volunteers, the provision of referral information and through prayer. The service partners with churches throughout the Hunter Region. www.hellohunter.org.au
1. Lead, maintain and build all aspects of the Hello Hunter call back and referral service. Including,
– The call back phone service
– Documentation and other service administration.
– Volunteer recruitment, training and support.
– Church partner relations.
– Marketing and promotion of the service.
– Fundraising and grant applications.
2. Maintain a clean and safe workspace that abides by workplace health and safety policies that maintain a community and church safe service.
3. Reporting quarterly to the CityServe Board.
- Police Check and Working with Children Check.
- Social Work Diploma or an equivalent qualification and or experience.
- Experience in the community / welfare sector.
- Experience in managing staff and volunteer teams in a not-for-profit organisation.
- Experience in marketing for a not-for-profit organisation.
- Experience in fundraising and grant writing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Excellent computer skills, preferably with experience in communication software (CRM).
- Excellent time management skills.
- Provision of a safe service for vulnerable persons; working professionally and respectfully with participants, volunteers and church partners consistent with the existing policies and procedures.
- Build volunteer teams; call centre (additional 2-3 persons), service research (additional 1-2 persons) and friendly chat volunteers sufficient to meet demand.
- Build church and other service relationships, supporting existing partnerships (personal contact, updates and promotion on social media) and building new partnerships with a focus on areas outside of Newcastle and Lake Macquarie LGA’s (for example additional partners in Raymond Terrace, Cessnock, Maitland, Singleton, Muswellbrook).
- Implement a marketing project over a 3-month period inclusive of social media, flyer drops, community promotions.
- Build into the service sustainability through donor relationships, fundraising (1 initiative) and grant applications (x2).
1-month and 3-month review conversations.
6-month position review based on achieving performance goals and service sustainability.
Applications for the position should include,
Referees x3 and that one of these three referees is your church minister.
Application to be submitted to Rick Prosser at email@example.com
For information relating to your application 0421 973 925.
Applications close: 14 August 2021,5pm.